Sign In
Myspace . Xanga . Site . DeviantArt

Subject: Two Years Down, Two to Go | 20 August, 2007
Sometimes I think that being a teenager is the most exciting part of your life.
.
You have boy trauma, parent troubles, homework, pets, jobs- basically everything under the sun that could prepair you for the next day. But at the end of the week it STILL seems like you haven't seen it all; and the scary part is, you never will!
.
Sorry, I'm rambling again, arn't I?
.
Well, let's get down to it!
.
As a AP student (Advanced Procrastinator) I've put off summer homework until... now! Which is a miz between good a bad.
.
The good part is; I work best under pressure and stress.
.
The bad part is; School starts wednesday and I still have a book to finish reading and an essay over the thematic signifigance in A Portrait of The Artist As A Young Man!
.
Spark notes, here I come.
.
Livy has decided that right now she's not into acting; she wants to start a band! Well, she's already in a bad, but their very screamo, and she's very not. I'll have to ask her if she's told them she's quitting yet.
.
She's already recruted Coree into her band; Coree can play piano, violen (sp?), and something else. She's also saving up for an ELECTRIC violen (Sp????) which will be extremely awesome as no one really uses them anymore except in the Irish Festival!
.
I told her I would offer up back-up vocals if my voice didn't get on my nerves- but I can rock out on the tram-....tram-....Ooooh shoot! I lost that word! It's the round thing with the mini gold things that I can't remember either?? Not a trambone- that's huge..... I keep wanting to say "Tramboleen!" (SP!?! Spelling and typos will be my down fall someday)
.
Anyways, I told her I'd also run her website and forum when she's hit it big with ehr unique songs and vocals.
.
.
I've been stressing over college a lot.
.
Madre's not exactly helping either. She wants me to become a famous journalist for TIME magazine; but I like creative writing, not journalism! I still have to get a minor in journalism anyways. Kayla thinks I may like it after a while; but being a teenager I'm driven to hate the thought of it since it was madre who suggested it and crammed it in my head.
.
I want to be an actress; though. I have these HUGE dreams that are to big for Ohio, and they all revolve around acting and using my acting to be a positive role model for little kids all over the world. (Disney, anyone?)
.
We pick up my comp cards to send to my agency Friday; and then with those they can submit me for auditions. I'm hoping to at LEAST book a few local comercials to help buy me a car; then put into a college account.
.
So, the problem with me wanting to be an actress is this;
Acting could take up to YEARS to get started, and until you're well-known and getting paid to show up at movie premieres, you can't survive off of it as it's free lance.
.
So i thought I'd go for Nautical Arcaeology in Texas A&M University, but you need so many hours of a class, and A&M is the ONLY place that offers it; and you need a degree in something or another, and then there's really only one NA program.
.
So there goes my back-up plan.
.
Now I'm trying to figure out what to major in. I know with my minor in Journalism, I can intern at a Fashion magazine, but so far all the magazines I've been looking into are in New York, and it's 2 Grand a month just for a one month apartment!
.
I would love to go to the New York Film Academy, though- maybe spend one year there but once again; expenses, and the fact that I can't use that until my acting career hops up!
.
Frustration!
.
So then I started looking at the University of Sountern California; they have a good theatre program there and I'm pretty sure they offer journalism.
.
But I still have no back-up plan!
.
Madre says I should get a degree in business; but I have no business bone in my body. The only talents I have are in the arts with singing, acting, and drawling crappy still-life. I can't do business- I mean, yeah, I'll admit that I'll need that for publicity knowlage when I do acting, and when I write on the side (I used to want to be a full-time writer, but that's also freelance and unless I hit it huge like JK Rowling I couldn't survive on that, either. But I still do want to write books; I'm working on a story right now, as a matter of fact. Then there's all the skits and TV Show ideas I have to pitch as pilots)
.
So the way I'm looking at it; I could use business to open a small coffee shop and live in a run down apartment above it. BUT WAIT! The coffee shop closes due to my horrifyingly bad skills in the kitchen!
.
BAM- I end up a hobo with a knowlage of how to creatre the perfect mocha cappichino.
.
What to do what to do? It's my JR year and I need to start looking at colleges! My last two years of highschool I was content with my plan for life; but now I'm seeing all these holes in it and impossibilites!
.
Is it to late to become a nun and live in the convent with other nuns and not ahve to worry about surviving in the real world? Then there'd be no guy problems because God has no choice but to love me- ha ha. But I'm not a Catholic; I'm a Christian, and I'm pretty sure ther's no Christian nuns around. Drat.
.
.
.
.
I'll continue to worry about that later. Until then; I have an 3 to 5 page essay to write and 3 piece of work to compaire an extremely boring book to.
.
-Devann Dianna
.
.
.
.
P.S.;
I finally got my schedule! At first I couldn't get it until the first day (Horrifying thought) because we didn't get the mail that said the days we could just walk in with everyone else and get the schedule until the SECOND day. (The first day was the only day that had a schedule pick-up in the evenning; which is when my parents get off work.) So we called and--
.
there's a fly on my computer screen, hold on one second;
.
Alright; that was extremely nasty.
.
Anyways, we called and they said to come in anytime on friday; so we did and BAM- no ones there.
.
But I got it today; and I got the Fashionista Laura book in the mail today! I was getting ansty; because I couldn't remember if I said I live in the US or not in the reply e-mail.
.
.
.
JUNIOR YEAR SCHEDULE;
1- AP Language and Composition with Mr. Auvdel
2- Pacer Period/Mentor Training with Mr. Green
3- Physics with Mr. Carpenter
4/5- Symphonic Choir with Mrs. Gillis
6- Lunch! Yum!
7/8- Algebra 2 with Mrs. Kosiorek (? Must be one of the 12 new teachers this year!)
9/10- Womans Chorale with Mrs. Gillis
11- Psychology with Mr. Rietz (Second Term; Drawling 1 with Mr. Bibler)
12- Acting with Mrs. Plessinger (Second Term; Sociology with Mr. Marshall-- also a new teacher?)
.
.
.
.
P.S.S. Sorry my thoughts are all jumbled today! It's that dang AP work/writers block. I'll also have to remember to talk about my new story, being a Mentor, and Nancy Drew. Ha.

0 Comments:

Layout By Moorepocket . Images From Elegance Pixelfied
Go To Top