Sign In
Myspace . Xanga . Site . DeviantArt

Subject: First day of Junior Year! | 22 August, 2007
Yesturday I was a summer girl; today I am a Junoir Year Girl!
.
Alright, I get it, bad pun attempt from Hannah Montana, shut up!
.
Last night I couldn't sleep at all; I was so anxious towards today that I kept tossing and turning all night. I hit "Play" on my CD plyaer twice, listening to the Jonas Brothers sing to me two times through and still there was no sleep! I should have readjusted my sleep schedule this weekend, but I kept staying up late! (That IS my fault though, I borrowed an old Nanyc Drew game from Olivia since I never had any when I was kid and got addicted; HEY it says, "10 and up" on the box! I qualify in the up!)
.
Sooner than I realized, there was sun peaking it's ugly head through the corners that my pull-down shade doesn't cover (One of those corners being right where my head lays, sending the glare of the morning sun onto my face) and it was 9:50.
.
Since today was the frst day of school, the Freshman had to come in, in the morning so they can get to their classes without upperclassman looming around then and clogging up the halls. I, being an upper classman, therefore get to sleep in on the first day, and start MY classes at 12:30.
.
So I had my alarm set until 10, and when it went off, I was already awake.
.
I jumped up, grabbed my CD and ran downstairs to put it in the entertainment center, where the entire Jonas Brothers CD filled the house while I got ready for school. I had it turned up loud soI could hear it upstairs in my bathroom AND downstairs in the basement.
.
But soon I ran out of thigns to occupy my time with while I was waiting for the time to drive off to school. (Okay, so madre drove me, get my liscene in November) So I grabbed "Fashionista Laura" by Sarra Manning and read it; occationally jumping out of my seat to dance around like an idiot before plopping back in my leather recliner.
.
I wanted to leave at 12, but didn't want to get there early so i decided to watch madre fold clothes as I waited until 12:10. (We ended up leaving at 12:15). While we were there I had a discussion with her on wheater or not someone can get addicted to blood (I told her there really WERE vampires; they were people who think their a vampire so much they file their teeth down and get addicted to blod and go to vampires clubs at night where they have sex and bite each others wrists) which I lost; since madre is a Dialysis nurse and knows blood.
.
Then I told her about lycanthrope, where people think their werewolves and get ill-tempers and grow thicker hair and have a taste for raw meat. "No, that's called being crazy." She says. "And they don't grow hair."
.
"Yes they do!" I say. "It grows thicker, and they get mad; it's called lycanthrope. It's a mental disease."
.
"Which is called beign crazy." She says again. "And NO they don't grow hair!"
.
"Yes they do; the human mind is SO powerfull- like a girl who wants to be pregnant SO bad can develop the signs and such." I say.
.
"Yeah and that's called-" I forget what she said.
.
"Is that a miscarrage?" I asked, and then she tells me about how hard is it to get pregnant because the body can sometimes reject sperm and such. I kept waiting for Corey to walk up to teh door to see if he was driving me to school and over hear my mom telling me how exactly the body kills a baby.
.
Then we got into a chat about how if they ever cloned a human, they can't see each others because then technically number 1 doesn't exsist and would kill the other or something. We kept talking about this until we got into the car; where I blasted the Jonas Brothers once more.
.
We ended up arriving to school five minutes before the bell rang (Which appearntly isn't enough time for me to get upstairs and to my first period, as I was a minute or two late- but sicne it's the first day no one cared.)
.
My classes are going to be great!
.
I decided I'm going to be a prankster this year, and have some good (I think their good) ideas to brighten up the mornings with an AP class first thing! (Which is needed, as Mr. Auvdel likes to assign his AP classes surprise random inclass essays frequently.)
.
My Physic's class may be a bit dull though; I only know two people in it and my class is very quiet. I'll have to remember to rush to that class to get my blood pumping to wake me up!
.
SYMPHNIC was next!! I still can't believe I made it into that class!
.
At our school, your freshman year, you HAVE to be in Concert choir- then after concert choir you can audition to be in Woman's Chorale or Symphonic Choir. Symphonic is mixed with guys and girls. Once you make Symphonic you can audition to be in Hayes Singers as well. Last year, I didn't make it into Symphonic but got into Woman's Chorale, and this year I'm taking both.
.
This is exciting, as I've gone two years in a choir class with no guys. I couldn't stop smiling every time the guys sing; men's voices make me melt! especially when they harmonize; which makes me weak in the knees! And my favorite warm-up we do is a harmonizing thing. Ooooh! Thinking about that rich dark tone makes me weak!
.
Lunch is going to be good; I know a lot of people in my period and Kayla is in it! We're deciding where to sit; so far I've gotten two offers to tables so I'll tell Kayla and maybe we can alternate between tables!
.
Algebra 2 was PACKED! There are no seats left; it's my largest class; excluding choir. All my other classes are small, which I like because it's more personal. And Jen is in my class!
.
We played a game in there to get to know everyone; 2 truths and a lie. Which you tell two truths about yourself and a lie and the class has to guess what the lie is. I said that I like riding mountain bike trails, my favorite color is rollar coaster blue, and my sister lives in California. The sister one was the lie.
.
Next I had Chorale! This is fun; Livy's in there! =]
.
After Chorale is Psychology; which I can tell I'm going to love. I joked around with the teacher the first half of th shortened class an had everyone laughing! It was great; I love making people laugh!
.
Mr. Reitz was taking attendance and was calling everyone "Ms...." and their last name or "Mr..." and his last name. I was worried he might say me as a Mr since my name is for girls and guys bit he didn't; instead he said McCarTY and I corrected him saying McCarTHY.
.
"Oh! I'm sorry!" He blushed and squinted at the paper. "I'm old; here I see it says McCarthy!"
.
"It's okay, they spelled my name wrong on my temps, too!" I shrug.
.
"They did?" he inquires, his glasses drooping a bit.
.
"Yes, so if I get pulled over I am a McCarty. Their trying to relate me to some random people, i guess." I smile.
.
"You know what I always say?" We inquire what. "I always say, you can spell my name anyway you like, pronounce it anyway, but spell it right on a check!" he says.
.
"Oh yes!" I say.
.
"Have you ever had a check written to you? For like a present or anything?" He asks. I shake my head no, but say yes in a sly manner. "Is that a yes or a no?" He laughs.
.
"Uhhh, A yes as in a ten dollar check." I laugh.
.
"Well you know how you cash it, you endorce it;" and he rambles on a bit.
.
"Pretending I know what endorcing a check means...." I say.
.
He explains this to me, and we joke around more about how I don't have a checking account and such. I tried confusing him by nodding my head yes and saying no at the same time again.
.
"I can tell you're going to be my favorite teacher!" I laugh.
.
"have you had your 12th period yet?" he asks.
.
"Nope!" I grin.
.
'There you go." He says.
.
.
12th period is going to be great! I have acting! Not only is that my favorite thing to do, but I also have Brit and Livy in that class!! And Alec! I told him I needed to hug him before class started; I think I'll hug him tomorrow, too and tell him it's not a ritual to hug him before class.
.
I also have Corey in that class; along with my first period! This rocks, as he gives me rides to and from school, so now I don't have to find him after school! We just leave!
.
I'm exciteddddddddddd.
.
But when i got home, I got upset at my parents. I was reading more of Fashionista when my mom walks in laughing and says, "Ummm.... Devann? You can brush your teeth tonight..... but you have to use distilled water to do it!"
.
I pale. "What?" I asked slowly, trying to understand her.
.
"Well, we paid the water bill, when we realized it was turned off, but they can't turn it back on until tomorrow." She says, breaking off into a mumble.
.
"Madre!!" I cry out. "I Have to shower still! I'm all sticky! And sweaty! Sticky sweaty nasty!" I exclaim.
.
"How do yuo think I feel?" Dad asks, poking his head. "I have marble dust in my hair!"
.
"Yeah, but I'm a teenage girl in highschool; besides you're a guy, no one has expectations for you to be clean."
.
.
So i had madre help me wash my hair with distilled water to make up for forgetting to pay the bills.
.
She also caught a paper towel on fire! I was reading still, and all of teh sudden I hear he go, "Oh! Shoot! Shoot shoot shoot!" And I smell something burning; whcih tells me she's cooking.
.
"Madre what did you do?" I ask, then let out a small scream as I see she's holding up a flaming paper towel. She rushes to the sink and reaches for the fauset. "No water, remember!!" I say, and she repeats a chorus of "shoots" as she dabs it into the sink; and reachs for the fauster again before I remind her we have no water once more.
.
"What were you thinking?" I asked her, when the fire was out.
.
"Well," She motions to a boiling pot of pasta. "I had to move it back, btu I couldn't find an oven mit so I used a paper towel." She says.
.
"You used a paper towel above an open flame!?" I confirm.
.
By now, dad is upstairs. "Even your daughter knows that's wrong!" He says; meaning I'm just as clueless and as bad of a cook as she. The he opens the drawer next to the oven and pulls out a handfull of oven mits; where they always are and always have been.

0 Comments:

Layout By Moorepocket . Images From Elegance Pixelfied
Go To Top